Beneficial Tips For Incorporating Home Security Lighting In St. George
Deterrence is a critical aspect of your home’s defense, and one of the top ways to discourage burglars is through the use of lights. A well-lit yard not only looks fantastic, it’s also less likely to have intrusions. If you would like to improve your property’s security, check out these valuable tips for home security lighting in St. George. We have some ideas for exterior and interior illumination that can benefit your family.
Boost Your Home’s Defense And Allure With Outdoor Lighting
The right kind of exterior lighting and well-placed video cameras will help immensely in keeping prowlers away from your home. Utilize the following St. George outside lighting recommendations.
- Light up your entry points: Your front door and rear entrance remain as the most likely places for intrusions. Make sure those entries are covered but don’t ignore your garage. While powerful motion-activated floodlights are a common solution for this spot, it’s not the only possibility. Rather than blinding your neighbors every time an animal runs by, you can choose less obtrusive lights that stay on during the night. Granted, vivid, motion-detecting floodlights may ward off intruders, but having a well-placed light that stays lit has a greater chance of keeping them away from your property altogether.
- Incorporate multi-purpose task lights: Those beautiful lights along your paver walkway do more than help you see during the night. They also let you see certain spots of your landscape you may not otherwise be able to from the inside.
- Add allure and security with accents: Not only for added appeal, accent lights are a smart way to brighten areas that may otherwise be utilized as places to hide. You can place accents in mulch beds outside ground-floor windows, adjacent to retaining walls, or near shrubbery and trees. These options offer a stunning effect while boosting your protection.
- Illuminate the edges of your property: A thorough lighting strategy should also address the borders of your yard. Brightening your gates, fencing, and outer edges of your property will help deter prowlers.
How To Elevate Protection With Interior Lighting in St. George
Home security lighting in St. George consists of more than outdoor illumination. Your inside lights are important in improving safety too. Smart light bulbs that integrate into your home protection package are valuable for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling functionality: Set your lights to a schedule and make it seem like people are inside. This is an effective deterrent and a smart strategy anytime you’re gone.
- Access from wherever you are: If you go on a trip but don’t remember to set a schedule, you can still activate them with your handy smartphone app.
- Linking to other security elements: If the motion detector on your outside camera triggers, you can have your foyer light inside turn on automatically. This functionality is yet another way to deter burglars.
Discourage Theft Even More With A Home Protection Plan In St. George From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Reinforce your strategically illuminated property with the finest in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our advanced home security systems in St. George permit you to control and automate all sorts of smart implements, including your lighting choices. Reach out to (435) 393-6111 today to customize a package for your property.