What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In St. George
You understand you must protect your home. Above all else, it supplies shelter for your family and is where you keep your possessions. But what form of home defense is ideal? Determining if you should get 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading decisions you must make. Explore the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in St. George and see what’s ideal for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24-hour monitoring, your home security system bridges to a professional monitoring service that is prepared to act at any moment. If a door sensor trips or a smoke detector goes off, your monitoring specialists get a prompt alert. They quickly go to work to validate the alarm and contact the appropriate first responders.
Conversely, an unmonitored system doesn’t include professional support. You can think of this option as self-monitored, which means that if your alarm goes off, you need to respond to remedy the situation. This option is the less expensive alternative, but it also comes with less peace of mind.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In St. George
Here’s a brief breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a support system on your side is always wise. If you are away from home, sleeping, or without your smartphone, your residence and its occupants will still be protected.
- Faster response: Monitoring professionals are always standing by to help. They’ll reply in a speedier fashion to emergencies than you can alone.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security might entitle you to a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Better equipment and flawless integration: When you receive hardware, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security provider, you will enjoy a fully integrated system with devices that may be superior to what you will discover independently.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will pay a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Have to get your system installed professionally: Countless individuals would rather have work done by skilled experts, but some might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will generally have to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This may be satisfactory for numerous residents as home security is something you will want for the long haul.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In St. George
Here’s a short overview of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: Do-it-yourselfers could think of this as an advantage as they can do the installation themselves and not have an extra charge. Other people may prefer going with a professional.
- Greater Flexibility: You can incorporate equipment when you want - and from any manufacturer. With that being said, you could find integrating into a cohesive system more complex.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be a third party monitoring your system. If something happens, you’re in charge of getting assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What happens when you’ve misplaced your cell phone and don’t get a security notification? This scenario will lead to additional stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Requires your total attention: Due to the fact you are the sole person in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Connecting the system is up to you: If you require a helping hand during an installation, you might have to hire a separate service professional. The installation is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In St. George
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in St. George from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored system is the ideal option for your family. Dial (435) 393-6111 today to customize your package.