How to Get the Most From Your Home Security Cameras In St. George
Security cameras can solely be installed as a deterrent—something that informs criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, the latest security cameras are equipped with an array of features all tailor-made to enable all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s two-way talk and recording capabilities or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion detection, these additions empower you to have the most from home security cameras in St. George.
How To Set Up Your St. George Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Installing your security cameras in the optimal points around your living space is the first place to jump in at with home security.. Interior security cameras need to be placed in high traffic spots such as the living room or den. It’s also a great move to set a camera pointed at main hallways, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to pass to reach the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras ideally offer you a clear scene of your porch, driveway, and yards, shed, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your main entryway with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places within your home that are less imperative to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, placing a camera in the room may impact your privacy. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you desire a form of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Component layout is only the first step in extracting the most out of home security cameras in St. George. The additions listed below help to maximize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive instant messages on your mobile device whenever unusual motion is detected. You can also configure cameras to start recording when movements are detected which helps boost camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your security cameras to capture footage and save clips so you can view them anytime.
- 2-way audio: Most of current security cameras have a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone with the device. Through ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re home or talk to your kids as they come home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is determined by how much a lens can see, and allows for a more exhaustive view of an area. Check for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120-degree wide angle lens or that can pan automatically for complete visibility.
- Infrared vision: Double check that your security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that can pick up footage of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more specific, set up activity zones. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to notify you of activity happening on your yard or your driveway and overlook traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera footage, direct cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date notifications when the detect unusual motion around your property.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your security cameras in St. George is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security system rises from just a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (435) 393-6111 or submit the form below to start building your home security system today.