What do you want in a baby monitor in St. George?
In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was pretty simple. You put a microphone-type device on a table next to your child’s bed, which sends audio signals to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. Fortunately, baby monitors now have more options. For instance, some monitors now offer HD video and 2-way communication. You can also link your monitors to your wireless network so you may move around wherever you want. The leading baby monitors in St. George are so advanced that they are similar to inside surveillance in both features and price.
Can you replace your baby monitor with an integrated surveillance system?
Since baby monitors and surveillance systems share many of the same features, there are many people in St. George integrating their child’s bedroom to their overall home defense. So it makes sense -- particularly if you have to a Vivint smart home -- as your baby monitor will include:
● HD video with low-light capability: Your monitoring device should include 1080p HD resolution, and infrared functionality for reliable low-light performance.
● Two-way talk: You won’t always have to go inside the bedroom to soothe your baby back to a restful state. Your reassuring words could be the only thing needed to keep them asleep.
● Motion sensors: Even though it’s an option to have your surveillance system function around the clock to watch your baby sleep, your own alertness could begin to waver. But if your video surveillance identifies anything unusual, then you can get a text alert on your phone. Perfect when your adventurous newborn quietly scrambles out of the crib or if your curious cat noses into the nursery.
● Recording capabilities: Most baby monitors don’t record video footage. Now you have the ability to send a 20-second clip to a relative or family friend to let them see what a beautiful sleeping baby you have.
● Mobile phone monitor: As an alternative to lugging monitoring equipment with you, you are now able to watch from a simple smartphone app. You could even say hello to your tot and babysitter if you’re able to get a date night.