It wasn’t that long ago when wired equipment was your only choice when designing a home security system. You could forget about positioning a video camera on a countertop or governing your components with a smartphone. However, home security has changed dramatically over the years, and that’s largely due to the emergence of wireless installations. You now have a range of added benefits to experience -- like online access to your system, seamless smart devices, and simpler installations. Wireless home security systems in St. George will safeguard your home while making your life more convenient.
Important Considerations When Going Wireless
Perhaps the most important facet of wireless home security can be summed up in these two words - internet connection. If you have access to high-speed internet and a decent Wi-Fi router, you’re a good candidate for a wireless installation.
If you’re concerned about the internet going down or the loss of power, explore options that have cellular and battery backups available to keep you connected to your monitoring professionals without interruption.
When you make your home in a rural setting without dependable access to internet or cellular services, a wired installation will likely be a better choice. Or It could also make more sense financially to opt for a wired installation if you relocate to a house that has security wiring already in place.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both conventional wired and wireless home security systems in St. George will elevate your family’s protection, which is the primary goal to start with. On the other hand, if you prefer the idea of using the most current tech, consider the following benefits of wireless:
- Remote access: Gain access to all the components in your residence from your lighting to your surveillance cameras from your mobile device with the ADT Control app. You can check footage from cameras, activate your smart lights, and even arm your system in the event you neglected to do so. If a security event takes place, you are able to have notifications delivered directly to your phone.
- Easy to install and customize: You won’t have to concern yourself with the countless wires, damage to drywall, and time-consuming system setups. One of the greatest facets of wireless devices is that you are able to put them practically in any location and in less time. If you would like to add on sometime in the future with the latest equipment, incorporating elements into your system is simple.
- Communications between devices: Wireless functionality makes smart home interactions a reality with speedy, bi-directional communications. You can set your devices to act in specific circumstances to increase your safety and deter home invasions. For instance, if your exterior video camera discovers unusual disturbances around your home, it is able to automatically signal your interior lighting to illuminate.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In St. George
Although wireless home security systems in St. George have shown to be a good choice, it’s only natural if you are a little hesitant about using one. Let’s take a look at some of the most prevalent sources of concern:
- Battery-run wireless devices might fail when the battery dies. While this might be true, your smart implements will notify you whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors generally should be placed within a specified distance from your home’s command center. ADT can provide range extenders in various scenarios to increase your adaptability.
- Similar to all types of internet-connected networks, the risk of getting hacked is relevant. You can take steps to minimize the chance of this happening by using hard-to-crack passwords, always changing default configurations, and selecting a router with an integrated firewall. Additionally, you should only employ security devices with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Experts
Have you decided to experience the benefits of the current advancements in St. George wireless home security? Contact us at (435) 393-6111 to speak with the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will assist you in designing the right package for your home.